Uh oh…

 While my short film was so close to being complete, production isn’t really production without some conflict. My group ran into a bit of trouble. It began when Addie uploaded the film to YouTube. She did this to ensure that it would not be taken down. It was allowed to post, which made us think we were in the clear. But after a few hours, it suddenly got taken down! We were all very confused. Initially, I had assumed it was something to do with the music. Addie said that she had chosen all royalty free music, but why else would it get taken down? I went through all of our tracks to make sure they were actually allowed without permission. They all were. So what could be the problem? Next, I thought maybe it was the length. While there are a lot of long videos on YouTube, I assumed maybe ours didn’t upload properly because it was 5 minutes long. However, the more I thought about this, the more ridiculous it sounded to me. Of course it wasn’t the length, there are millions of longer videos out there. Suddenly it occurred to me that maybe it was simply the content. After all, Addie and I were wearing slightly revealing clothing and she was trying to kill me! Then it dawned on me: Addie had added a little cover at the very beginning. It depicted a doll with a knife. I thought it was probably a problem with showing a knife as the front cover! And, not to my surprise, when she removed the image, it uploaded properly and stayed. I am glad we did a test upload to make sure things ran smoothly. Otherwise, it makes me wonder what would have happened later had we not known?


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Story Board Blog

A second opinion