Continuing editing

 As of yesterday, my group had a video with seamlessly flowing clips, that are clear and not blurry. However, we had not yet added music, nor the final scene. Today, we worked on attaining good music. Initially, I had wanted kind of thrilling, scary music. However, I could not find royalty free ones that I liked. So, Addie suggested instead we use more ominous, upbeat music. At first I was opposed. I figured it might make our movie seem like a mockery, or a satire. However, once she showed me an example, my opinion changed. I liked the juxtaposition of the sort of upbeat music with the more thriller genre. So, Addie and I worked together to layer over the music in the film. We had some trouble at first, because the music would not link up to the website we were trying to use. However, Addie fixed that. How, I'm not sure. She is the editing genius, not I! We then added another layer of audio to all the parts where there is a murder attempt. It was a high pitched, horror audio. After that, we edited some lighting to make things seem more movie- fake like. This was good, because when there is a murder attempt, the filter suddenly changes, creating an obvious change in mood. We are nearly done with our short film, and I am thrilled!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Story Board Blog

A second opinion