A second opinion

 After a long journey with many ups and downs, our film is nearly to the finish line. Today, my group and I decided that a second opinion on our film would be a great idea. Mila said she would ask her mom to watch. Dara said she would ask her stepdad. Addie said she would ask her dad. I was going to ask one of my parents as well, but I realized I wanted someone less biased. I thought about the people I knew well enough to get a second opinion from, and whom from that group would be willing to give an honest review. I thought about my brother. Initially, I had passed that option off as being to biased because he is my immediate family. However, it occurred to me that he is actually very much into the film world. He loves cinema and analyzing media. I knew also that he would not hold back the truth.  Suddenly, it seemed stupid of me to get anyone else’s opinion. So, I brought the film to him for him to watch. He agreed to give his honest opinion. When he began to watch, he made a remark that the dialogue and acting was just a bit awkward. I took this note mentally. As the movie progresses, he seemed interested in what would happen next. At the final reveal in the end, he was actually surprised! This was a win in my book. He said that the editing and music was very good for this film, and that the awkward acting actually made sense in the end, as they were representations of dolls. His one note was that the movie didn’t seem like much of a thriller, even with subtle details and hints that it was of that genre. I took that criticism and will use it for my future projects. I am glad I chose him to review our film. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Story Board Blog